Snoopy The Goon says he’s tagged me and I have to tag seven others in this venerable blogospheric game. It’s a new one for me, but I’m honored to try.
I’ll try not to make it too, too sentimental. Inject a little humor here and there, if possible. Here goes. And, except for No. 1 and No. 2, not necessarily in this order.
1) The Creator of the Universe. Who made a few big mistakes here and there, but I know he/she/it tries. And needs all the help he/she/it can get–whether that’s in any accepted theology or not.
2) Mr. Boy and Mrs. Charm and the rest of the clan, kith as well as kin.
3) A good night’s sleep. Sometimes hard to come by in increasing old age.
4) A good read. Fiction or non-fiction, book or blog post or media article, it doesn’t matter.
5) Sitting on the condo balcony at Port Aransas at night every summer watching the twinkling lights on the offshore oil rigs. Just thinking about all that non-Saudi oil makes me happy, even if I don’t own a well.
6) Texas. Anywhere (even Houston). Anytime. Rain or shine. Drought or flood.
7) Writing. Anything. I’m presently embarked on a book of Texana, though the research is not going well. A recently completed Civil War novel is piling up the rejection slips. But I’ll keep querying agents, and probably try another one of those before long.
And now, as Mr. Goon says, to the victims: Scott Chafin, CGHill, Alan Sullivan, John Salmon, whose comments I can never get to work, so I’ll link this and, maybe, he’ll see it, JD Allen, MK Freeberg, whose WordPress comment thingie on "the blog no one ever reads (except me)," keeps rejecting me, so I’ll try another link he might see, and Akaky Bashmachkin.